First we had to get rid of our "items that didn't sell at the Garage Sale" we had back in June. We took pictures of groupings for tax purposes then one truck load over to Goodwill and we have started to claim back our garage. By afternoon we started cutting back the overgrowth on the side of the house and the back lot.
This is a bad shot, but you get the general idea. That pile to the left = vines and weeds I didn't want in that bed.
There are something like over 300 types of hosta... but I am looking for something like this:
On to the back of the yard, Here is the before:
The mascot of the day (ok she is the mascot everyday).
Fair warning, I did get a blurry terrible picture of it below if you want to see it, otherwise scroll on past.
You have been warned...
Ok, on to happier times, we started one pickle recipe called "Refrigerator pickles" and will start another recipe from my Mother In Law this week! We also made Tomatillo salsa, which turned out really delish!
Celebrate/burn some of those darn sticks until we were chased out by the mosquitoes.
To-Do list for the rest of the yard:
- cut bits of existing hostas, transplant to the areas between the buckthorne.
- create an arch from old cuttings for climbing rose bush to grow on
- trim back lilac bushes for easier mowing.
- fix up side beds and cutting garden beds aka weed beds.
- Fix back garage door (screen door pulling from the wall)
- Add flagstone from lower patio up to back garage door
- Add a flagstone patio around fire-pit We may hold off on these two if we decide we want to replace the lower patio bricks
- Misc deck repairs on sections the previous owners did not use treated wood (grrr)
- Repaint deck... again (have repainted this deck twice already since 2010, not happy) we'll talk about that in a future post!