First off, this is a long all text post but as the year ends I find it refreshing to get it all out in writing.
I read a few articles recently. Start the year of with this article called “Screw the New Year’s Resolution – Try Designing Your career” and this article about "7 Questions to ask when you’re not sure who you’re becoming" that I found very inspiring.
To start off there are some things in my life that I would like to maintain, but improve on:
- Exercise 3+ days a week. Since last April I have been working out 30-60 minutes, 5 days a week during my lunch hour with co-workers. I lost 20lbs and have never felt better in my own skin! My group is moving to the ‘burbs this spring which will eliminate our opportunity to any similar classes at the YMCA near our new location.
- Which leads into my next, I would really love to continue working downtown. I love the vibe, activities, and the commute is traffic-free by taking the uber convenient bus. I also have a better opportunity to read my silly novels I love. This means if my group is moving I need to make a decision to either look at other opportunities within my company or branch out.
- Be creative! I (guiltily admit) that I love when I have made my own clothing/accessory/etc. and people gush over it. Take a few fashion sewing classes to get the structural issues I have been fighting with out of the way. Also, take a photo a day to get better at taking pictures. Which leads into the next...
- Blog more, now that I have a camera (thanks love!) I have zero excuses to put it off.
- Continue getting through school, these past 6 months have been a struggle. A lot of things were changing professionally and I am struggling through a lot of things personally. School was the easiest thing for me to drop.
- Continue working on my novel, even if I never plan on publishing it. I really enjoy writing it.
What do you think? What are some of your goals this year?