Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Invitations are out!!

Invitations

We went to Archivers to find some inspiration for our own Wedding invitations. We figured since we are having such a small Wedding, we could throw together a few invitations ourselves.


We bought paper supplies from the Yours Truly line. It took about 5 packs of Brown 4x6, Pool A2, Pool Postcard and Brown envelopes (I had some of my own white cardstock that I used for the wording page). The total on invitations was around $130 for the paper, paper cutter, swirl stamps, ink pads and postage stamps. Thanks to Archivers handy printing templates that can be downloaded from their site, it was a piece of cake to print with minor tweaks since we aren’t Windows OS users. I used clear block stamps, which I highly recommend using versus rubber traditional stamps, on the invitation, RSVP and Envelopes to add a fun personalized and elegant look.

For paper conservation (and postage is only $0.27) we went with a simple postcard for RSVPs. At the bottum right corner you see numbers which correspond to each guest in a spreadsheet, to ensure the returned card matches with the correct guest.

Our info card is two sided. Side one includes directions to the Ceremony/Reception location, our website and my contact information.


Side two was a map I drew using Power Point and Google Maps. See WeddingBee for details how to make your own map :)




There are many differnt stamps these days, I went with a Minnesota stamp versus personalized or wedding theme



AND, it was a blast to make :)



No comments: