Here is a view of the tile by the sink, I left the rosin paper up to protect the granite for when I do end up grouting. The tiny pieces at the top and the bottom were loads of fun to nip with tile nippers and piece in (I am of course being a tad sarcastic)
Here is a view of the stove and look at the side of that handsome new fridge <3
And standing back
Love it, so far the tile I used for the back splash absolutely exceeds my expectations and was SO worth the hand cramping 14 hours of nipping, ceramic bits cutting my hands and feet, back aching angles I had to bend at to get the pieces lined up nicely in tight corners, and chunks of tile adhesive sticking in my hair still on Monday morning.
Oh and I finally took a pic of the granite up close the color is a little more gray than in reality but you can see the cool flecks:
We were able to have a little non-remodeling fun as well. We went up to Station 4 in St. Paul to see my all time favorite metal band In This Moment.
These are my favorite 3 songs:
DISCLAIMER: Contains some explicit content
And, I got the chance to chat with, get a pic signed, and my picture taken with the lead gal, Maria Brink. She is a very sweet, super cool chic and I was thrilled to meet her! Needless to say, I had an absolute blast at the concert.
- Paint the section over the sink, new color in the dining room and to touch up the corner separating the fridge from the living room, window frame
- Cut and install the crown molding
- Get the carpet re-stretched and install the threshold separation
- Organize and put the kitchen away (Yes I still have about 90% of the items in my guest room) - lazy
- Get rid of the rest of the trash in the garage. The WM Bagster Bag I posted here went off without a hitch and we got rid of over half of the items we would have a hard time getting rid of ourselves.
- And I am still waiting for my bead board to come in...UGH not happy with Menards on this one thing, everything else has been a flawless experience.
- Sew the curtains for the living, dining and kitchen.