Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Switzerland, Trains, and Vineyards!

We got up nice and early to catch the train from Mannheim, Germany to Geneva, Switzerland!
Unfortunately, there was construction on the tracks so we had a 45 minute delay.  So, we grabbed breakfast at Coffee Fellows at the train station. I had the world's best Croissant and Latte Macchioto.  My husband had a bagel sandwich of lettuce, prosciutto, pesto, cream cheese, tomato, and pepper served warm.  They don't mess around with bagel sandwiches or pretzel sandwiches for that matter.  I also grabbed a pretzel for the train ride.

The landscapes were beautiful, we sat in a private cabin all the way to Switzerland where my husband could get some work done and I read, wrote post cards, and worked on my travel journal.  Sorry about some of these pictures, I took them out of my window of the high speed train.




Clouds covering the Alps


Vineyards with stone wall pathways


Here are some of the cutest houses with tiny gardens and vineyards in their back yards!



Pin It

No comments: