Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I have never been a big fan of High Fashion, starved models, ugly outfits, silly hair. But I do have two designers I keep an eye on for inspiration. Also, find some trends that you may find intriguing but haven't a clue how to work it all together. So here are some pretties from John Galliano and Alexander McQueen. After the break I have posted a few spring 2010 trends that I am looking forward to along with a few set examples.
Enjoy!


Sadly no longer with us




Here are a few Spring 2010 trends:
  • Gladiator style heels
  • Floral print anything- Peonies and Poppies are big
  • Clogs
  • Warrior: Ancient civilizations (ancient Rome, to Egypt, to the Celtic warrior woman) mixing with military style. Look for metal plating, leather tunics an chain-mail inspired details and military jackets
  • Alice in Wonderland
  • Denim matchy matchy
  • Nude coloring
  • Waist belts
  • Feathers - only on accessories for me though
Outfit #1 (Girly springy)

1. Pink Ditsy Dorthy Perkins $45
2. Gray Lace Up Dorthy Perkins $45
3. Crystal Heart Ring Dorthy Perkins $9
4. Grey studded purse Dorthy Perkins $75
5. Mixed-Metal Ring Necklace Old Navy $12.50
6. Feather Flair Head Forever 21 $6.80

Outfit #2 Spring Denim

1. Mini Skirt Old Navy $19.50
2. Biker Jacket GAP $69.50
3. Necklace Forever 21 $6.80
4. Suede shoes Forever 21 $24.80
5. Liberty of London Bag Target $12.99



1 comment:

Coleen said...

Hi Christy, Your blog is so fun and the fashion is something I know my daughter would love so I"ll have to show her. I just came from my blog where you are following. I must admit I'm a craftaholic as well. You might also like my Facebook fan page that is all about crafting sites I find. Just search in FB for vintageterrace2