Friday, June 25, 2010

$4 Bistro set reveal

Ok so here is the bistro set, all finished :) sorry for the delay, I was waiting for a cloudy day to take pictures! Click here to see the other post.
Before:

After:
please ignore my rock bed full of weeds EEEEK

I used 2 cans of Rustoleum PAINTER’S TOUCH ULTRA COVER 2X In Apple Red.

Tips:

  • If its rusted (like mine was) use Rustoleum!

  • Cover the ground, I did this and I still ended up painting a lot of my driveway red

  • Wear beat-up clothes, I thought I was being careful but still had red streaks in my clothes.

  • Painting metal wire furniture is harder than it seems, I waited a day to put the second coat on and noticed a lot of spots missing, then waited another day to look for more spots to touch up

  • A little extra: I sprayed a bit of acrylic once it was dry for extra coverage, the can I had laying around my house.

  • I only spent $4 for both cans by waiting for a Joann 50% off coupon

2 comments:

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

That is AWESOME what a steal!

P.S. I'm doing a MN/WI blog get together in August. If you'd be interested, feel free to check out my blog and send me an email.

Sara @ Russet Street Reno said...

That is rad! I can't wait to check out the rest of your posts.