Thursday, June 24, 2010

Summer Planning

I am sitting at my desk, tuned The Bravery on my ipod because I can't get a damn thing done at work and need motivation. I realized I haven't heard the band in awhile, it reminded me of Summers in Chicago. I lived there for about 2 years, and hated it. But summer is incredible in big cities. I have a whimsical fondness to Chicago in the summer. I was outside trying dozens of differnt types of food street-side under canopies people watching, dancing in the street to the bands at the Neighborhood Street Festivals, midnight biking marathon, playing pool volleyball at the apartment pool parties which had free margaritas and hot dogs, Cubs games, stayed up too damn late (4am) sillies.
I was going through a lot at that time and by the time I left Chicago for Minnesota, I was just about ready to live like a hermit, be quieter, stiller, "settle down". Snore. That didnt happen, I think I'd go crazy if I had. But missing Chicago made me realize that I can do most of those things here in Minnesota too. Most cities have an "Expolore Your State" Site. Explore Minnesota has everything from sports events to scenic drives.

Here is this summer's goal: Get out, be out, have fun. I want to go to a few outdoor concerts, dine al fresco, go to festivals, get cultured, museums, arboretums, gardens, art shows etc. And $10 or under. Hey I have a kitchen re-model to save up for and of course I will blog about them here :)

What are you planning on doing this summer?
PS-Here is a picture of the 2006 L.A.T.E. Ride I found online, bottum right corner is me :) We were one of the first to sign up, I had my bike covered in glow sticks and was one of the (bad) few without a helmet, so I was easy to spot.

No comments: