Here is the mood board
Here are some Before pictures of the kitchen
The wall we are removing that separates the living room from the kitchen:
And a rough layout of the before:
Here are a few to dos:
- Remove all cabinetry and order new ones in almost-white color with contrasting dark island
- Order farm sink
- Get rid of the wall between the living and kitchen to create an open floor plan
- Knock down the sofits around the kitchen
- Electrical/Lighting: The wall between the two rooms had the kitchen and dining room switch plates and two outlets that will need to be reworked. Add two pendant lights over the island, install a can light over the stove and re-work the existing light over the sink for a pendant light. And since were at it, add a few can lights in the living room which currently does not have any ceiling lighting.
- Plumbing: move pipe that was in the north wall sofit
- Scrape the popcorn off the ceiling in the kitchen, dining, living, and the hallway to the bedrooms and bathroom and the bathroom ceiling, repair drywall, add a knock down ceiling and repair old light fixture holes.
- Remove the carpet in the dining room, add engineered hard wood in a dark walnut through kitchen and dining rooms.
- Install new cabinetry, cut out insert for farm sink
- Order granite with "antique" finish which is a more matte finish, not as shiny as you typically see on granite
- Order back splash tile, I fell in love with this Beveled Arabesque Tile
- Update kitchen window trim, add decorative molding around all three rooms
- Stainless Steel appliances, over the range microwave instead of using a counter top microwave to add more counter space.
Here is a rough drawing of the after for the kitchen.
And here is a sneak peek of the progress today, more to come tomorrow!